Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I said goodbye to you

After receiving the news that my grandfather had passed we bought our flights and where on our way to New York. We left at midnight on Tuesday and arrived in NYC on Wednesday at about 6 am.

Wednesday was one of the longest most emotional day of my life so far.

I knew that the funeral was going to be hard but it was much harder then expected. Since I had not seen my grandfather in a while it was hard to see him in that casket. I was an emotional reck all day long. I missed Caro like crazy, but was thankful that Nataly was there with me.

As hard and emotional as the funeral was it was a beautiful tribute and farewell to my grandfather. I learned so much more about him, my family and even myself. The story and songs that I took for granted as a young child now have a special meaning. Funny how that always happens.

I know that while he is no longer here in a physical sense he will always be here in a spiritual sense because he lives with in my memory and most all my heart. I am who I am today because of him. Without knowing it he taught us more then anyone else just by being him and living by example. His legacy will go on.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Yes it will go on.

(((((hugs)))))

Joanne said...

Ay Karlita, I'm so sorry. BIG BIG BIG HUGS to you and your family. May you soon find some comfort and peace.

Caro said...

ay, my viejito.