Sunday, January 20, 2008

And So It Is, Just Like You Said It Would Be

Wow, where did the time go? Three years already. I was suppose to post this like 3 days ago but to tell you the truth I totally forgot.

A quick update on the (Great Weight Lost of '08) as my coworker calls it, I have lost 4 lbs that includes the 2 lbs that I had regained. Woot go me! I know that I am doing something right because my mother said something the other day about how I looked skinnier. I wasn't sure that I heard her right so I made her repeat it. Mami and I have always fought about my weight. So for her to notice was a big deal for me. When I started this I did not think it would affect any one else really, but my co-worker who is also trying to lose weight said that I "inspire him to stick to it." Which I thought was very sweet of him.

I received a great compliment the other day from one of the district big wigs when he asked me to co-teach with him at a presentation he was holding for parents in our program. At first I thought he was joking but he was totally serious. So once it set in that he was serious, we got to work on our lesson plan and I have to say that our presentation went very well. At the end of it he told me that I was "amazing" and " very good" at what I do and that my boss was "lucky" to have me. I of course joking around asked him if I could get that in writing. He laughed and said he would email it to me. Still haven't gotten the email. I will let you know if and when I do.

Oh before for I forget I also wanted to share with you that I am finally a college graduate. Yay! I received my diploma last week. So I am super excited about that.

Happy Three Year Anniversary Real Women Have Curves!

1 comment:

CubanDiva said...

GOOO KARLA!! I am so excited for you. I know you will be successful in your weight loss and your career!