Tuesday, September 26, 2006

May I Recommend: Music, Movie, TV, and Book Edition.

So here are a few of the things that I have enjoyed in the last few months.

MUSIC:

I LOVE The Fray! Not just because they are the local boys who just happen to be everywhere these days, but because I love their music.
How to Save a Life is my favorite song. I also love Over My Head (Cable Car), Look After You, and All at Once.













ANYTHING by Ricardo Arjona. We all know how much I love him. On his latest cd Adentro. Pinguinos en la Cama, Iluso, Mojado, A Ti, AcompaƱame a Estar Solo. Are some of my favorites. I can keep going but i wont. :)










MOVIE:
Yeah, you knew I was going to see this. My first husband The Rock is in it so, you know I was there. It is the same old football movie we have seen before with a twist. Yeah some of the speeches and sceens are corny and played out but give this movie a chance. It reminded me that there are still people out there who care.














BOOKS:

Yeah so this is old but I loved it. It's all made up and blah, blah blah but hey it is well written.






















I LOVED reading this one more then the first. Gregory Maguire is a genius. If you have not picked this one up yet, I suggest you go out and get it.
















I love this book. I recommend the whole Shopaholic series. I laughed so much with these books.
















Our girl Shelley did it again. She wrote one of those books that you find yourself reading at 3 o'clock in the morning knowing dayum well that you have to be at work in a few hours but you just cant put it down because its that good and you need to know what happens next. Yeah this book is one of those.

















Sofia is a well known published author under the name Black Artemis. Diva's is a great book. I found myself going through all kinds of emotions with this one. I also could relate the protagonist, to people that i know in real life.















TV:


Showtimes Weeds has to be one of the best shows out there. Who would have thought that a show about a single mother who makes ends meet by selling marijuana in the fictional suburb of Agrestic, California could be so funny.

5 comments:

Desiree said...

I love this post, because I love most of the stuff you have on there. Haven't really listened to The Fray, but maybe I'll give them a shot, nor have I listened to the dude you said, but ya...
BUT I love the show Weeds, just LOVE that show. LOVED Divas Dont Yield. Couldn't put that book down,and of course, I read Shelleys book the day it came out, I loved the shout outs the sucias got =) and ya...ok, I'm tired.
Good night!

Reese The Law Girl said...

So much to comment on!

Gridiron Gang: FABULOUS movie! And, I'm not just talking about MY MAN The Rock (don't even trip! you know he belongs to me!)

I loved that movie. It actually brought a tear to my eye. Probably the best movie I have seen this year to date.

Wicked: I loved Wicked to a point. And then, I didn't really understand what was going on. But, it has some of the best quotes (you know I have quotes from Wicked on my blog). I did really like the book though. Just didn't really understand the end of it.

Shopaholic Series: SOPHIE KINSELLA ROCKS!!! I LOVE all of her books. All of the Shopaholic books and her stand alones like Can You Keep a Secret and Domestic Goddess.

I want to be Sophie when I grow up. :D

Okay, that's all I got for now. Great post, Karla! :D

Karla said...

Dez,

I couldn't put Divas dont yield down either it was so good.

I am going to have to make you an Intro to Ricardo Arjona cd.

I like your new icon.

Reese:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T, I know you did not just go there. We ALL know that The Rock is MY MAN. Always has been always will be. Remember You have ORLANDO and I have The Rock :)

I did love the movie it was fabulous.

Wicked confessed me to but after i reread some parts and actually thought about it, i ende up loving it.

I love Can You Keep A Secret. I still have to pick up Undomestic Goddess.

Srta. G said...

Karla....

I love the post. I will have to take a few of your recommendations into consideration. I have been wanting to read 'A Million Little Pieces' for a while now.

Anyway... I am back... check out my new blog.

~jcg

Joanne said...

LOVED your book choices! We all know and love Shelley. Read Divas don't yield a while back and loved it also! LOVE Sophie Kinsella too - I could have written/starred in the Shopaholic series, but also loved Can you keep a secret.

OK - I don't know nothing about the rest! :-( Better get on the ball... (Nice grammar huh?) ;-)