Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fotos Y Recuerdos

Sometimes you come across something the moves you so much that you just have to share it with other people. This is one of those times.

I was watching the news. They were talking about Flashes of Hope. Flashes of Hope is a non profit organization that creates these beautiful portraits of children fighting cancer and other life threatening illnesses.

The portraits, taken by award-winning photographers, help children feel better about their changing appearance by celebrating it. For families of terminally ill children, it's especially important to have a portrait that preserves forever the beauty, grace and dignity of their child. That is from their mission statement. What a wonderful idea.

I cried while I watched this report. Seeing the beautiful portraits on the tv screen made me realize what a beautiful act of love this is. I went online and checked out their website. As I looked around their site I realized that people need to know about this organization. That is what leaded me to this post.

I highly recommend checking out their site. Which is here or on the side bar of this blog under links.

I leave you with one of those beautiful portraits.


Image from Flashes of Hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing hurts me more to see a child suffering. What a blessing this organization is to these children by making them feel special and beautiful, while raising money for cancer. Everytime I watch the St. Jude Commercials I end up balling! Thanks for sharing this.