Monday, November 14, 2005

Three Posts in One

So this is going to be rather long sorry!

As you can see i did not fall of the face of the earth i am still here. Last week was crazy for me. I was organizing these two huge events for work. They are finally over and they went well.

___________________________________________

So ladies it seems to me that we are all down for getting together so now we have to pick a location our options are

a. New York
b. L.A.
c. Miami
d. Las Vegas
e. insert your own option here.

also when do you ladies want to meet?

___________________________________________________
So here is my rant for the day. You don't have to read it, i just need to vent.

Some days being single sucks. Like big time. I am tired of people looking at me like there is something wrong with me. I am tired of people trying to "set" me up with guys. I know they mean well and their heart is in the right place but really, do you have to introduce me to the mailman as well? I mean lets just post it on a billboard or something like that. Why don't we humiliate Karla just a little bit more?

you know what i don't want to talk about this anymore so this won't be as long of a point as i thought.

9 comments:

Joanne said...

Any of those cities is fine with me. That's no help of course, but really, I'm down for anywhere.

And, you know it's bad when your grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, assorted cousins and their spouses, boss and co-workers (both young and old) are ALL trying to find a "nice young man" for you because they think you need to be married off... Yup, I know all about it... MEH!

Reese The Law Girl said...

So, what's it mean when no one is trying to hook you up with someone? That you're absolutely hopeless?

That sounds about right for me. ;)

I'm in Miami, but have yet to really do the Miami thing. So, I'd vote for Miami actually. :)

Desiree said...

1) Vegas is probably most convenient for me, but like everyone else, if I know way ahead of time, I'm willing to go anywhere. BUT, Caro won't be able to have any fun in Vegas, so I don't know about that. She needs to invest in a fake id!

Aw, I use to be the freakin' bachelorette too! Everyone tried hookin' me up. Thats how I met Idaho boy.

Karla said...

Mon: That actually sounds familiar to me. I think i have been called that before.

Loca: LOL, no i am not "officially" planning this so if anyone wants to take over, please feel free to. I just think it would be cool if we can all hang out.

Right now i am not down about it just really frustraded by the whole thing. Girl you do not know how many times i have tried to make it clear to them that no there is nothing wrong with me and that i will find a nice guy soon pero that does not seem to get through to them.

Joanne: lol, you read my mind i was going to say " now that does not help me much"....lol.

LOL, oh yeah i know all about that. Let me tell you about the time my 10 yr old cousins tried to pimp me out to this dude at Mcdonalds. It was bad, very, very bad.

Reese: Girl, you are not hopeless. Give your peeps some time pretty soon they will be driving you crazy with this.

Dez: I agree with the whole Caro has to come as well thing. So we have to find so place where Caro can come. I also agree with Caro having to get a fake i.d so if anyone knows where she can get one hook her up with the info.
envizable: Hi! *waving*

SoozieQ said...

Hi Karlita....tell Caro she's in the hood now, she can go to McArthur Park down on Alvarado to get a fake ID, shoot she can even get a social if she needs one...LOL...Ha ha haa ha.

Elle J said...

1) NEW YORK .. i'm broke and I already live here lol

2)being w/someone can be almost as complicated as being single **wink**

CubanDiva said...

Miami is #1 for me and Vegas a close second.
As for people fixing you up...I know it is a sucky feeling, but they love you and want you to be happy. You can always say NO! lol

Caro said...

suz.....i DIED laughing at the "social" comment. lololool.

i dunno, i guess vegas works for me in my imaginary i'm-24-duh!!-state-of-mind.....any long weekend would be cool.

call me this week, i'm a little less busy and i hope you willl be too.

love you and miss you terribly.

SuzLue said...

My vote is Vegas, but Miami would be a blast too!

On the single thing, Karla, I feel your pain! Once I got divorced, my Mom would introduce me to new people as "Hi, this is my daughter Suezette, and oh, by the way she's divorced" Awww crap! All I can say is ignore the masses on the singlehood spinster crap! You'll meet someone when the time is right. I know, I did after 2 years of being divorced, and now, well, things are coming along greatly! Don't sweat it! Go out with your girls and have some fun!!!

Oh, and I've started the blog back up for now...

Suezette