Friday, November 04, 2005

Trees


..."It took some getting use to but, of course, life feeds life. Where'd I get the idea that art and happiness could never jive? I felt stupid, wasting so many years . But I took solace from those locust trees, known for their crooked, seemingly aimless growth. We have to live our natures out, the seed we call our soul unfolds over the course of a lifetime and there's no going back on who we are--that much I've learned from trees."

From Julia Alvarez's poem "Locust"


2 comments:

CubanDiva said...

I love this post Karla. It has a lot of meaning for me right now.

SuzLue said...

Very cool Karla~

Yea, I blew the blog down, I'm thinking of starting another since there is a lot of new exciting things happening, but time has been tight, but geez, it's an exciting time right now. Not all about a guy either~

I'll stop back by and make sure you all are good!