Monday, October 31, 2005

Mad Hot Ballroom



I saw this movie at Blockbusters the other day and i have been dying to see it so i rented it. My mami and I watched it on Friday night. I LOVE this movie. It is sooooooo cute. My mami ended up loving it even more then i did, so much so that she called all my aunt's and uncle's and told them that they had to come over to watch it. Last night during our usual Sunday dinners (my family gets together every sunday for dinner) my mom kept telling me " put the movie on, put the movie on." So i did. Ay, why did i do that?

Right after the movie was over my aunt's and uncles started to take out their cellphones and started calling family in New York and Miami just to tell them about this movie. Ay, what have i done. Look what i started just by asking my mom to watch a movie with me :)

I saw that they have it on sale at Target, so i went and bought it for my madre since she loves it so much. I can't wait till i give it to her later on tonight.

If you have not seen this movie then let me tell you are missing out on a GREAT movie. It had me smiling and laughing the whole time. I was so excited for the little dominican kids from Washington Heights. My aunt's say that i am being bias because i am a little dominican kid from Washington Heights :) i promise you that has nothing to do with it. O.K. yes it does, but anyway this is a great movie and i am mad that they started this program the year after i left New York. Why could they have not done this sooner like oh i don't know 1993?

Bueno i hope you all had a lovely weekend. Go rent or buy this movie i promise you are not going to regret it.

9 comments:

Caro said...

oooooo i wanna seeeeeee.

Jessica R. said...

Sounds good!! I'll have to check it out.

The Grouchy One said...

LOL..
I told you! I LOVE that movie too!
Did you see DJ2 jr. in there??

Karla said...

Caro:When you come home we will ask my mom to borrow her copy, so that you can see it.

Jessica:It is so cute you are going to like it. Let me know what you think.

Marissa: LOL, you did tell me. Girl, are you kidding me of course i saw DJ2 Jr. he is so freaken cute.

Rose said...

That movie must be really good...I am going to have to see it too.

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

That's so sweet of u! I am gonna rent that next time for my mami and me 2! I'll take as many movie recommendations as possible. :)

Reese The Law Girl said...

I heard about this movie. It's already on my netflix queue. Good to hear it's worth watching.

CubanDiva said...

I LOVED this movie. I was so happy about the kids from Washington Heights! Wilson was such a cutie. He is going to be a heartbreaker. I am definitely going to buy this movie!

Elle J said...

how much do u love the little boy who can dance his ass off from the WAshington Heights school???