Monday, October 17, 2005

Leaving La Sucias

A year ago I joined a gang, Yup, you read that right I said I joined a gang. Last year I became a sucia. The sucia gang was formed on October 6 and three days later I joined. The night I joined I met our leader La Queen Sucia. I had a good time that night and left feeling like I had made the right choice by joining.

At first we were a small group of women who came together to support each other and just talk we had great conversations about everything from politics to the Texas vibrator law. We were a really tight group of women from all over the world and from all walks of life. Did you know that there is a sucia gang member in South Africa? Yup that is right South Africa. Some of you might be surprise to know that a few of our fellow bloggers are also members or use to be members of La suicas.

Anyways the sucias was the hottest sh*t around for a long time. Then came that May weekend where everything changed. What exactly happen I can not say I was not there, all I know is that when La Sucias came back from that trip things turned ugly quickly. Nasty emails were sent out and a sucias was actually kicked out of the group. A few days’ later apologies were sent out but by then it was to late the damage had been done, the sucias would never recover from it. That weekend became the white elephant in the room we all knew it was there but yet no one dare to talk about it.

Little by little the "original" sucias started to leave, some left officially (like I did) by letting everyone in the group know they were leaving, some just left and never came back. I still wonder what happened to them.

As the "original" sucias were leaving "new" sucias were coming in. Some of the "new" sucias were cool and I am glad that I got to know some of them, but some of the "new" sucias were just there to cause trouble.

Why is that, when a group of women see that an other group of woman is getting along they have to come and try to start sh*t? Yes the sucias were on shaky ground because of that retreat in May, but we were working on it, then those few new sucias came in and messed everything up.

I hate the fact that a select few women ruined a good thing for everyone else, because of these "new" sucias and their mission to cause trouble it soon became them vs. us. The "new" sucias vs. the "original" sucias.

A lot of the older sucias no longer felt welcome in a group that they help create (myself included). This caused even more of the “original” suicas to leave. I stopped "hanging" out with the sucias in June and when I came back, I could not believe what was going on. The group that I came back to was not the same group I had left, la sucias had changed.

Shortly after that I stopped posting but I was still a "part" of the group, I still knew what was going on. I left the group again in August. This time when I came back I "tried" to put all that drama behind me and give the "new" sucias a chance, I am glad that I did because I was able to meet even more of the "new" sucias who are mad cool, but those few who are only a part of that group to cause trouble were still there doing their thing and again I felt unwelcome. So I decided that it was time to leave. I left the sucias a week ago.

To all the "original" sucias who left I miss you guys and I hope you are all doing well. To the "new" sucias I wish you luck and I hope you ladies are able to keep the group together.

So for the last time I want to say " SUCIAS" out!

9 comments:

Joanne said...

Awww hell! Girl, I hope none of those "new" girls were messing with you. They don't want me on their a**! :-)

You know I KNOW what you mean. That weekend in May was something else. Eh, well. I LOVE the sucias I know now. And, we'll always be the original! :-)

Tell me about Santa Fe, you were so close you should have visited La Reina... ;-)

Karla said...

Joanne: LOL naw girl none of them were messing with me but i have seen them mess with some other sucias. Which i am not cool with.

Ay, that damn weekend in May. I also LOVE the sucias that i know now as well. :)

Santa Fe was nice, it is really beautiful out there, very traditional. LOL i know i was so close but we did not have enough time to go down and visit la reina. :)

nosthegametoo said...

I have no clue of what "sucias" are, but your blog is interesting and gives off an easily indentifiable humanity that I think most people can relate to... I know I can.

I'll definately stop by again to see what's going on.

Karla said...

nosthegametoo: Thank You for stopping by and Welcome to my blog.

Nana: LOL, girl you are one of the "cool new" sucias that i am glad i met. Thank you for stopping by my blog, of course i do not mind that you read my blog.Awww your a great person also. I will always be a sucia no matter what. :)

Caro said...

i remember sucias...i'm one of those mysteriously disappearing acts.

mwahahaahah.

though i really just got completely consumed by blogger....damn you blogger, damn you.

CubanDiva said...

Well Karla...I tried to do the same...give the sucias another chance after the May "incidence", but alas it wasn't the same. I, dropped in from time to time, all I found was drama. So I left also. It has been a disheartening situation, but it has been great to meet the "original" sucias in person

Desiree said...

Yeah. I think I was kicked out?? Or not. Apparently I flirt on blogger w/ Queen OG's husband, or ex husband, or whatever.

Meh.

Its cool. I' m glad we can still communicate on blogger. :)

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

I never knew about that "incident" in May and I've been a sucia for a lonnnnng time since last Fall although I have not always been as active. blogger is fun and a deeper more personal way to communicate eh?

Reese The Law Girl said...

Awesome post, Karla. I actually left the group a few weeks ago. You hit the nail on the head when you spoke of May as being the changing point. Some of the new girls, I just don't get. And, I just don't feel welcome in that group. It's not as inclusive as some of its members would have people belive.

Anyways, I'm glad I got to meet all you "original sucias." I'll be keeping in touch with ya'll. You know who you are. ;)