Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ever Lasting Love

66 yrs, 18 kids, 40 something grandkids, 30 something great-grandkids, a house fire and two diagnosis of cancer later my grandparents are still together.

Today is my grandparents 66 wedding anniversary. I love my grandparents so much and the fact that they have been married for 66 years and are still together after everything that they have been through is just amazing to me, and i hope that one day i will be able to find someone with who i can share a love like that.

Mama and Papa ¡Felicidades en su aniversario! Los quiero mucho.

6 comments:

Caro said...

i really wanted to call them, but i have no phone card. meeerh.

joe says he wants to pick me up contigo.

yall work that craziness out. lol.

Karla said...

wait un second, you told joe? i thought you were not going to tell him? i confused.

CubanDiva said...

They are que chulos!!

Joanne said...

Felicidades to your grandparents. It's been well documented how I feel about grandparents, so I'll keep this short. They are love and I thank you for sharing love with us today!

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Awww so cute! Yes, I agree - it's great to share your life w/ someone that long and endure so much and still stay together.

derek said...

awwwww....

My great-grandparents (my great grandma turned 89 a couple of days ago, my great grandpa passed away in 1993) made it 59 years. 10 kids, thirty something grandkids, almost as many great grandkids(I am the second), 4 great great grandkids (my son is the third).

God bless them :-).

I feel like I am lucky when I can find someone that can share six months with me :-(. My faith in love for myself has waned since I became a single dad...there's no one incident but just the trying, then failing...and trying...then failing of dating has taken its' toll...

It's so wonderful when people can work like your grandparents.