Saturday, May 19, 2007

Were only taking turns holding this world it's how it's always been when you're older, you will understand

So I suck at this updating thing. I am so sorry for the lack of posts on here.

Some of my favorite childhood memories are of the times I got to hang out with my sisters and older cousins. I remember going out to dinner with them, and being able to talk to them, ask them questions and get their advise on things like my parents, school and boys. As I look back on it now i realize that my sisters and cousins helped mold me into the person I am today.

Nat, Caro, Joe, Gabe and I have been trying to do that with our younger cousins at least with the ones who live out here. Nat, Caro and I have taken our girl cousins out for a "Girls night" and Gabe and Joe have held " Game nights" at Joe's and Nat's apartment for the boys.We have also told them that they can call whenever to talk about whatever. A few of them have take us up on that offer.

Two weeks ago Nataly, Joe, Gabe and I took all of our younger cousins out to see Spider-Man 3. We planned this outing on the way home one night from Maga's house. We called all the kids and had them ask for permission as Joe said to "get drunk and see Spider-Man 3". I think our little cousins left out the getting drunk part when they asked for permission but we got the green light from everyone and we were all set to go.

We decide to go on Saturday instead of Friday because we knew that opening night was going to be crazy, and there was no way we were going to try going to the movies with this many kids on opening night.

So on Saturday morning Nataly went to the theater to pick up the tickets for the 8 p.m. showing. We then spend the day fielding calls for all the kids wondering if 1.) We were still going? (We were) and 2.) at what time where we going to pick them up? (After 6).

Later on that night Joe and Nat stopped by Joe's parents house to pick up the Suburban which was going to be our ride for the evening seeing as out of the four of us none had a car big enough to fit all the kids. After that Joe and Nat picked me up and we were off to start collecting our kids. We joked about sticking a daycare sign on the side of the burban or running into the house Room Raiders style and just grabbing the kids and running back out...lol.

After we had picked up all the kids we went to FatBurger for dinner. Where we went back in time and had a boys table and a girls table with the exception of Cristian who is 4 and sat with the girls. After ordering we sat and talked and laughed and had a great time. My little cousins are a bunch of really good kids. I already knew that but it was cool to be reminded of that, that night. We finished our burgers and headed over to the theater for the movie. On the way in we asked one of the security guards if he could please take a group picture. He said no at first but after I begged a little more he did.



Since we were early which is a first for us. We grab some snacks and played some arcade games before heading into our theater. The movie was ok. Not as good as the other two but still ok. After the movie Joe and Nat dropped all the kids off and the returned the burban. Gabe and I went home talking about how much fun that was and that we should do it again. Since then the kids have called as have my aunts and uncles thanking us for a fun night and asking for a repeat.

Now with Shrek the Third out we might just have to.

1 comment:

CubanDiva said...

That is so great the way you spend time with your family. I wish I had a big family like yours. Thanks for letting me be a part of it when I come to Denver.