Saturday, July 07, 2007

All You Need Is Love

I have signed into blogger and looked at a blank posting screen so many times now that I lost count. I have a feeling that I should write an entry, but when it is time to write something I can't think of a single thing that I want to write about.

I finally have something to write about. Yay! Go Me!

Anyways on to the post...

My birthday was last month (June 2) and it quickly turned from a day into a month long celebration. Just about every other day it seemed during the month of June, I would receive either a phone call, email, e-card, birthday card, gift, party, flowers, serenade, or a cake made in honor of my birthday. This is the first time that anything like that has happened to me and it was pretty much amazing. It really made me feel blessed and loved. So needless to say June was a great month.

Some how and I blame Caro for this (cause I got to blame someone for it :) ), word got out that I love to read and just about everyone I know gave me either a book or a gift card to Borders or Barnes and Nobles. I have been spending the last couple of days reading some of my new books. So far three down eight to go.

One of the parents from the program I work at made me a beautiful cake. Which caused quite the commotion when I brought it home. Oh in case you wanted to know the cake was yummy, as where all the cakes and treats that I received for my birthday.

I spent the actual day sleeping in...lol. Ok that did not happen, I actually spent the day working in the garden with my mother and then later on in the evening Nataly took me out to eat and for a drink. After dinner we went to my cousins house for more drinking and some fun times with the family.

Caro called me from Argentina. Which totally made my day and my paternal grandparents serenaded me with Las Mananitas (by phone of course seeing as they live in Ny) like they do every year. Which always makes me cry. Mostly because I miss them so much.

This has so far been the best birthday I have had ever hand down. I want to thank everyone for all the well wishes, laughs, tears, songs, amazing gifts, cakes and parties that have made my birthday extra special this year.

5 comments:

Srta. G said...

Yay for a month long celebration of your birthday! Sounds great. I'm glad to see a 'real' post from you.

I will surely have a blast on your isla.

Have a fabulous rest of the summer... be sure to keep us updated on life... no matter how blah it may be!! ;)

Chau!!!! And... to carry the celebration into JULY... FELIZ CUMPLE!!! =)

Coco said...

June Birthday!! : )
I am glad that you were able to celebrate the whole month : )

Yes, LOVE is all we need...

So what books are you reading?
You can blog about that : )

Enjoy your summer reading!

Take Care.

Desiree said...

Happy belated!!!! I'm sorry I'm so behind!

Caro said...

i'm glad this birthday was your best yet, i'm glad so many people were able to show your how much they appreciate you in their lives.

i'm also glad i was able to contribute to your magical day, i only wish i could have been there.....we'll celebration august 6th, yah?

Suvii said...

Ok, so overlook the fact that I am a month and a half behind in wishing you a happy birthday, and let me say: "Happy Birthday!!!!" Don't know how I missed it, but I did. Glad to hear it was wonderful.