Wednesday, July 30, 2008

They are turning my head out, To see what I’m all about

So I wrote this long post about my trip to NY. I included pictures and everything, but I have decided not to post it. I don't know why. Anyways my trip to NY was lovely and much needed. I had such a great time that sometimes I think that its not real, that it did not happen. It has been a while since I have laughed so much. It was so nice to be taken care of for once instead of taking care of everyone else. My aunt is so cute, when we would go out she would tell my cousins to take care of me and make sure not to lose me...lol like I was a 4 yr old kid who did not know how to read a map or speak English and Spanish or own a cell phone...lol. It was cute, because she told them that if they lost me they would have to deal with my grandmother cause I am her favorite...lol. All of the above is not true. I am not my grandmother's favorite, and as you can see they didn't lose me...lol

It was nice to see family that I haven't seen in a while and just be able to spend time with them. So many inside jokes have come out of those two weeks that it's not even funny. I was able to visit my cousin in New Jersey and my aunt and uncle in Philly. So in all I had a nice trip. I was even able to see Caro while I was out there, oh man if I thought I missed her before I miss her even more now. We had such a lovely time on the day we where able to hang out.

Coming back home was hard, a lot harder then I thought it was going to be. I am glad to be back home but I find myself missing New York and everyone who lives there from time to time.

I applied for and got a new job which I start on Friday. It is a bittersweet experience for me. I love the job that I am leaving but do to the funding situation it does not look like it will be around much longer. Which is why I had to look for a new job. I found another great job which I am sure I will love as much as the one I am leaving. It still doesn't make it any easier to leave. I love the people I work with and the same goes for the family we help. I have been there for so long that it is hard to leave them behind. I know that my new job is going to be good for me, its a great opportunity. So I am excited about that. I will let you know how that ends up going.

Other wise then that things are good. I have had a good time hanging out with Gabe and Joe my new movie watching buddies. There is another situation involving a boy but I will have to tell you about that at a later time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karla!!! Remember me??? I found my old blog and through there, reconnected with yours. How are you?