Friday, February 17, 2006

Step into the freezer

No matter where you live in Colorado, walking outside today will not be pleasant.

Why you might ask because it is FREEZING cold outside. After MONTHS of warmer then normal weather, mother nature decides it is finally time to give us a little snow.

This morning a thin glaze of precipitation was on the ground which just made everything look dusty and unclean when you combine it with the slush that was left over from yesterday.

It is suppose to keep snowing like this until Tuesday. I can’t complain about it really we have been having really nice weather lately and yes I am aware of the fact that I live in COLORADO, all I am saying is that I had forgotten just how cold it can get out here. So while you are out and about today people remember to bundle up.

10 comments:

Jessica R. said...

We just went through that huge a** blizzard last week. It's been getting warm again to melt all 26.9 inches of snow! So I feel you girl - I was freezing last week..and it's worse when they don't put the heat on in the bldg.

My best friend lives in CO - i'm going to visit her mid-April. She said that's a good time so it won't be so cold for us to do stuff.

Karla said...

Jessica: If you come out to Co, let me know so that we could get together.

SoozieQ said...

Wow... and i'm complaining about Cali weather...LOL...its 45 degrees right now and everyone here is freezing. They're telling us on the news that its going to rain this weekend but to watch out cuz we're going to have a "cold storm"??

So I'm assuming the "rain" will turn into ice...

But i find it hillarious that i'm bitching about 40 degree weather and u've actually got snow over there huh?

Ok...i'll stop my complaining...Abrazos amiga!

CubanDiva said...

It is freaking 27 degrees here in Dallas and we are having an ice storm. Did i move to CO and didn't know it? Can I have some snow instead of ice?? lol I can't wait to come to CO!! lol

Jonny R. said...

I'm experiencing -48 degrees with the wind chill right now... so it could be worse. Just thought I'd share that with you. Just gettin to know the blog world. Later.

Karla said...

Soozie: Can i come hang out with you in WARM cali?

Kim: LOL, i think you did, why didn't you tell me that you were moving out here?...lol.

Jonny R.: Welcome to my blog, Damn where are you that it is soooo old?

Priscilla said...

Karla,
Same weird weather here in NC. One day it's 70 degrees, the next it's snowing???
I've been to CO as a kid, I loved it....so beautiful.
I also have a friend there, in Denver. I hope to get out to visit soon.

Desiree said...

Just a FYI, Daddy Yankee is on the cover of Latina Mag this month. :)

SuzLue said...

Brrrr. I'll keep my mouth shut about how cold it is here in Cali. It's actually really pretty here. We needed the rain to wash away the smog! LOL

Jonny R. said...

Red Lake, Minnesota, baby!!!