Monday, February 13, 2006

They are REAL!

Karla is working in the staff work room making copies when co-worker comes in. Co-worker and Karla talk for while and then this happens.

Co-worker: "OMG, you have green eyes!"
Karla: "Ah ha"
Co-worker: "Wow, they are beautiful and so green."
Karla: "Thanks."
Co-worker: "Wow, they are so beautiful."
Karla: "Uh, Thanks."
Co-worker: "Are they real?"
Karla: "What?"
Co-worker:" Your eyes are they real? Is that your natural eye color?"
Karla: "Yeah."
Co-worker: "Don't you wear contacts?"
Karla: "Yeah."

After I explain to my co-worker that I am blind and I need my contacts to see but that my eyes are naturally green, she still did not believe me so I ended up taking out my contact just to prove to her that my eyes are in fact GREEN.

A few days later Karla is in the office waiting for her boss when she feels someone run their hands through her hair.

Karla (turning around): "What the?"

Co-worker: "Oh I am sorry; it is just that you have such beautiful hair."

Karla: "Thanks."

Co-worker: "It’s so long and shiny and thick and black."

Karla: "Ah ha"

Co-worker:" Is this your natural hair or a piece?"

Karla: "umm no it is my natural hair."

Co-worker: "Really, because it looks like doll hair."

Again Karla has to explain that her hair is bueno her hair. The ironic thing about this in counter is that Caro told me the same thing about my hair about two months ago.

Caro: "Girl, you hair is so shiny."

Karla: "Umm it is?"

Caro: "Yeah it looks like doll hair."

Karla: "No it doesn’t."

I guess Caro was right, which by the way she told me “See I told you so.” When I told her about this incident. After my co-worker ran her hands through my hair the rest of the staff felt free to do the same which means that Karla now wears her hair up ALL the time.

I dont know why everyone thinks that my eyes, hair, boobs and butt are fake but they are not. It has gotten so bad that i need to carry my baby pictures with me.

In fact I just wanted to make one FINAL statement that my hair, eyes, butt and boobs are REAL. So now please stop asking me where I get my hair done, where i get my contacts and who my plastic surgeon is. Thanks!

10 comments:

Caro said...

LOL.

you've gotta bring the karla's 3 and a DIVA w/ attitude pictures from your wall, they're lovely....and with that attitude, people will step off. ;P

OR

you could just always wear black with your hair down and do the goth thang, you know you look so emo, people will not disturb!

corazones

SoozieQ said...

That always amazes me how peole will just start touching you out of nowhere?

Anywho, que pasa chica...como estamos ah?

Saw ur papi chulo list down below. u always make me proud...

Reese The Law Girl said...

Oh, how annoying and rude!

You're a much nicer person, than I, Karla. I think I would have had an attitude. ;)

Jessica R. said...

Why do people do that? I dont mind if it's someone I know but if you don't know me - get off me!!
Wait until you're pregnant!! All that belly touching - like they have the right to. I've never been prego but I will confess I have done that in the past and now don't cuz I realize how wrong that is.

Desiree said...

Yeah, I would have totally been annoyed - like don't TOUCH ME!!!!!

Or, I would have said "GET OFF!!! Shiiit".

Guide_to_life said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Guide_to_life said...

I think people that do that are just annoying...I might have acted out of character if that where me...."excuse me your touching me"

Priscilla said...

Karla,
Your post was funny! Ok, but that must have been annoying. I get the same with my hair...people are amazed at how long and shiny mine is, but I don't know why they have to touch it!
I can't believe people would say your boobs and butt are fake, what nerve!

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Hi Karla - Long time no read!! OMG, your blog made me laugh but yeah, I could sense your frustration. Girlie, be proud of your beauty and flaunt it some more!!

Just roll your eyes and say "as if, it's all real." If you wanna show some attitude. ;)

Take care sweetie!

CubanDiva said...

Girl!! Only that shit happens to you and Marissa! People are always staring at her and asking her crazy questions. I don't understand why people feel the need to invade personal space like that! Back up...give me 50 ft!!