Thursday, April 27, 2006

Karla's Baby?

A few weeks ago my FAVORITE uncle came to visit from New York. We went through our normal routine. My uncle stand at the door and I stand in the hallway and he throws his arms up in the air and yells "KARLA" and I throw my arms up in the air and yell " TIO" and then we meet each other half way and hug. Then we go through something that goes like this.

Tio: "So how are you?"
Karla: " Good"
Karla: " and you, How are you?"
Tio: " Good, How is school, work?"
Karla: " Good, How is everyone?"
Tio: " Good"

So everything is going great, like it normally does when my uncle drops a bomb on me.

Tio: "So when are you coming to pick up your baby?"
Karla: " What?, My Que?"
Tio: (With a HUGE smile on his face) " Your baby"
Karla: " Ah, Tio I don't have children."
Tio: " Yeah, you do. You have a little girl."
Karla: " I do, since when?"
Tio: (laughing) " Since 8 months ago."
Karla: " Ah, Explain"

So my tio explains the whole situation to me. Eight months ago my cousin had a baby, and according to everyone the baby looks more like me then my cousins. So they have all decided that it is my baby and so my uncle would like for me to pick up my child.

That weekend my mother went to New York to visit my grandparents and her first words to me when I picked her up at the airport where " Did you have a baby and not tell me?"

Karla: " What? Ma have you been drinking?"
Mami: " Mira, Don't talk to me that way, and answer my question."
Karla: " No Ma, I did not have a baby. Why do you ask?"
Mami: " Because that little girl is the spitting image of you."

She brought me pictures to prove her point. So here is a picture of "My baby"(on top) and of yours truly as a baby(on the bottom). So you guys get to decide is this my child or is my family in need of an eye exam?

8 comments:

Jessica R. said...

Awwww - both of you are so cute!
I'm not sure of a spitting image but I do see a resemblance to how she looks to you now.

I'll let Caro be the judge on this one! She knows your family better than all of us.

Desiree said...

Cuuuuties!!! I don't agree either, though both of you are gorgeous, I dont see "spitting image" fitting there.

Caro said...

that baby is adorable and your little faux-hawk was ahead of its time, but maybe not spitting image....though i never got to SEE you as a baby, so i cannot say it. one of your sisters would have to be the real judge.

Jessica R. said...

oh yea i guess that's true - well i guess your mom of all people would know - but i don't see it!

Reese The Law Girl said...

Hmmm...I agree with Jessica. I see a resemblence, but not a spitting image. But, you're family would know better. :)

Karla said...

Thanks for the comments ladies. I still think the kid looks nothing like me and i need to get some members of my family a nice pair of glasses.

SuzLue said...

Too cute! I see a resemblance, but not spitting image either. Funny how parents and our elders will see similarities in the next generations and we don't. My second cousin had a baby, and the rest of the family seems to think she looked like me. Yea, I didn't see it either.

CubanDiva said...

Umm yeah that baby looks like you but not EXACTLY and she doesn't have your beautiful green eyes. But she is gorgeous none the less as are you!