Sunday, October 22, 2006

To Where You Are

Papa,

It has been three months now since you left us. I still find it hard to believe. I guess you can say that I am in denial. A part of me still refuses to admit that you are no longer here. A part of me keeps hoping that you will return to us. That I will here your voice again, see you again. I layed in bed this morning and listened to my dad talked to mama on the phone and I sat there and wait for him to say " Juan Torres" like he always did when he talked to you. I waited to hear him laughing with you as you joked around with him on the phone. I wait for mami to talk to you but it never happened because you are no longer here. I had no choice but to get up and get ready for your mass, We have been going to mass every month since you have passed sometimes it is easier then others. I don't know if it would ever stop hurting.

Ay Papa why did you leave us? Can't you see that we still need you? Who I am going to go and milk the cows with? Eat oranges with? Your no longer here to do those things with me and I don't want to do them without you.

No comments: