Wednesday, September 07, 2005

You want me to met who?

That was what i told my boss this morning when she called to tell me that I would be meeting the Governor and Mayor today.

Me: " The Governor, as in the Governor of Colorado?"
My Boss: " Yup, that would be him"
Me: " Ok, and why am i meeting him?"
MB: " You are meeting him to tell him about our program and then you guys are going to discuss what we can do for the children coming from the Gulf Coast."
Me: " Right, and you said the Mayor would be there as well."
MB: " Yup, The Mayor of Aurora. Denver's Mayor will not be there."
Me: "Oh...Great, wait you mean to tell me there was going to be more then one Mayor at this meeting?"
MB : Laughing
Me: " Um i can't meet the Governor"
MB: " What, why not?"
Me: " I am not dress to meet the Governor"
MB: " What are you wearing?"
Me: " Jeans"
MB: " Oh please you can meet him in jeans"
Me: " Umm you do know that this is my second day on the job right?"
MB: (Laughing) " Yes, I am aware of that."

So i was all set and ready to meet the Governor and Mayor but in the end i never got the chance. I missed them by like 5 minutes. I was at my other school dealing with somethings when they came by.

So have i mention that i am loving me new job? I have, Really? I got a chance to hang out with some of the parents this morning and that was a lot of fun. I was able to sit down and talked to them the whole time we were talking, we were eating yummy food (that they had brought) all the while listening to Daddy Yankee. Can you believe that I get paid to do that? I have to say that i have some pretty cool parents. It was cool being able to find out where they are from and what their goals are. If things keep going the way they are going we are going to have a good year.

Can you believe that my boss is crazy enough to give me a district cell phone and a district credit card. I am excited about the credit card. I mean having and being able to use a credit card that i do not have to pay off is exciting. Just knowing that the bill will NOT come to my house at the end of the month is exciting. Same thing with the cell phone, a phone that i can use and not have to pay for, man i'm excited. Oh and it gets better the district pays for my gas! Yup that is right they pay for me to fill my car up with gas and my boss is buying me a new computer for my office, yup that is right i have an OFFICE! Oh and the coolest part i get business card. I know your jealous Caro it's ok :)

Holy crap when did i become a grown up? Ok i bet you guys are sick and tired of hearing about my new job. So in other news, wait there is no other news. All i do is umm work.

9 comments:

Caro said...

LOL.

yay, joe!!

karla i LOVE that you're loving your new job. i more than love it....it makes me so happy to hear.

/sigh

that is beautiful. yayayayayayayayyay!!!!!!

=)

your post made me smile.

Karla said...

Joe: Shut up, I freakn hate you.

Caro: Yeah I am glad that my post made you smile.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Pictures!

I wanna see your office.

Do you have a window?

Desiree said...

So awesome girl. So happy for you.

You know, its funny I was like, wow that Karla is so lucky, i want a job like THAT...then i realized, wait, duh, i have my own new comp, my own unlimited amex, business cards and my cell and gas is paid for as well.

I'm such a freakin' ingrate!

i need to shave my legs.

So happy for you :)

Desiree said...

Ok. so I thought about it. I think its because you get to do something YOU LIKE, like working with the kids, and the community.

All i do is work with dirty old men that don't respect me because i'm a woman that works in construction.

Jessica R. said...

Isn't it nice? I mean I wouldn't know cuz i've never had a job i actually like. The one now isn't bad but it's not like i get thrills from this.

Hope it continues to go well for you - i'm jealous!!

Joanne said...

WOOHOO! Geez, you get paid to eat food, talk, AND listen to Daddy Yankee?! SWEET! Except for the fact that I'd suck at it, I want your job. And, I would love any credit card in my possession whose bill did not ever come to my friggin' house... don't get me started!

Love that you love your new job! Congrats, hope it stays happy!

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Way to go Karla! I've met some political people before at the capital and it's so exciting! I am so happy 4 u!

Elle J said...

I'm just catching up on all this.. u r the coolest girl i think i know.. wait, yes.. ur the coolest!