Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Weekend

Saturday was a weird day for me. I started the morning out right and then i ended up crying half of the night. Here is the back story on that. Saturday was my cousin Anais 15th birthday party. I had this nice dress that i wanted to wear. I went out on Saturday picking up some last minute things like shoes and a bra to go with the dress.

Well the time came for me to get ready and guess what i must have grabbed the wrong bra because when i went to try it on it did not fit me. So i thought i will wear the dress without it. Umm no can't do that it looked horrable. I caught a glimps of my self in the mirror and the tears just started coming and would not stop.

At that time i felt like someone out there must hate me because everytime i try to get ready for a party i always end up crying because either what i want to wear does not fit me or looks really, really bad. In the end i had to wear pants and a shirt. When i got to the party already in a bad mood i felt even worse when i realized i was the only one in pants everyone else was wearing dress or skirts. I cursed my weight for this because if i was skinny i could have worn what i really wanted to wear instead of what i was wearing.

Now that the day has passed i realized that while some of it might be about my weight alot of my emotional breakdown on Saturday had to do with the fact that i was tired and fustruated about other things. In other news this week for my workout i have decide to do nothing but Pilates, Push-ups and Sit-ups all week long. I feel like i need to do a toning week.

Hey have you guys tried Burger Kings fire-grilled salads? OMG they are so yummy. I tried one on Sunday and i must say they are very good. I know that fast-food salads can be dangerious because they can actually be more fatting then a burger but i make sure to use very little dressing and eat most if not all of the green stuff. You guys have to try these salads they are so yummy. In fact i think that they are going to replace my past addtiction to Chipotle :)

4 comments:

Caro said...

damn, they must be hella good then! hehe


i LOVE karla, you're gorgeous no matter what you do.

you should have called me to talk to me, =/......you shouldnt have to feel like crying, i'd try my best to make you laugh!!! you know me, hehe.

here's for basket nuggets!!!

loves, always......
--caro
ps listen to some dmb and read the lyrics/listen to Pig, Best of What's Around, and Dancing Nancies

Desiree said...

Hi Karla,
I'm sorry about your Saturday, that flippin' sucks, and you know what? I totally know where you are coming from. I swear, half the reason I stay home all the time is because I dont like getting dressed. And I ALWAYS wear pants, no matter what everyone is wearing, I dont care! But honestly it always puts me in a crappy mood too. Go ahead girl, vent let it out, thats what the chunky monkey dog lady is here for! ;)

Karla said...

Caro- I know i should have called you but i did not think of it at the time because i was to busy feeling sorry for myself. :) Hehe Basket nuggets..that was funny...i am still laughing about that today.

Desiree- Thank You Chunky Monkey Dog Lady for letting me vent. It is so good to know that some else knows what i am talking about instead of looking at me like i am crazy and telling me that it is silly to feel that way.

Reese The Law Girl said...

OMG, girl do not let it get to you. My wardrobe is all BLACK! The only thing that looks semi-good on me. I tried to wear some color once and almost had a break down. I thought I looked so horrible. But, then, my friends thought I looked great and I realized that it was all in my head. Although I've never seen you, I know that you are a smart woman. And, smart women are ALWAYS gorgeous! I know, I'm a smart woman too. ;)