Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I am

The School psychologist comes into work with the kids in my class once a week. She works with them on their “behavior” problems by using different activities this week she had them write an “I am” poem. Seeing as I was bored, I wrote one out as well and I thought I would share it with you. Now I am not a poet no where near it but I think this was a cool activity and the fact that they gave us prompts really help me so here it is my “I am “ poem

I Am

I am quite and kind.
I wonder about the world.
I hear the rustling of palm trees in the cool summer breeze.
I see the glow of Saturn’s rings.
I want to win the lotto.
I am quite and kind.
I pretend to be able to sing.
I feel warm as if kissed by the sun.
I touch the cool ocean waves as it crashes on to the shore.
I worry about my family
I cry when I hear about all the injustice in the world.
I am quite and kind.
I understand that laughter is the best medicine.
I say that everything happens for a reason.
I dream of graduating from college.
I try to read as much as I can.
I hope that I can accomplish everything that I set out to do.
I am quite and kind.

If anyone wants the prompts for that let me know.

4 comments:

Desiree said...

I dont know you but by internet, but I already know a lot of great qualities about you. You definately are very kind. Sweet. and super cool =)

Caro said...

woah!

it has changed!

i hope things look up chica

Karla said...

Desiree and Jules: Aww...you are to nice to me.

Caro: What would i do with out you? I heart Caro.

La Loca: I don't teach i am a teachers assistant. I am still going to school for my degree in Human Development.

I work in a middle school but my kids are behind because their behavior issues have kept them out of class for a long period of time so they have to play catch up.

Teaching can be a very rewarding profession if you don't let all the poltics of it get to you.

Reese The Law Girl said...

Cool, poem Karla! :) And, awesome new background. :)