Monday, August 29, 2005

Azucar Moreno and a Tag


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


So I finally received Shelley's book on Saturday. I sat down to read it on Sunday and let me just say i LOVED it. OMG Shelley chica you rock. This is an amazing book.If you still have not gotten a chance to read it i suggest you hurry up and buy it. The plot caught me from page one and i was dying to know what happend. I read it in one sitting and then i made the mistake of reading the excerpt for "Los Morenos" and now i can't wait for it come out. I also ordered Liz's book pero it had not come in yet. Shelley chica i have to tell you that after that scene with Nikki and Mario after the baby showe...Coño chica i needed a cold shower. :) So there is my review if you have not picked up Shelley's book i suggest you RUN out and get it.



Now for the tag. Desiree tagged me so here it is.

A-Accent: I don't think i have one, but everyone says that i have a ghetto New York Dominican accent.

B-Breast Size: 38DD, yup god gave me big boobs to go with my big butt.

C- Chore you hate: Cleaning the bathroom.

D-Dad's name: Jose

E-Essential make-up: Every kind of make-up is essential to me this girl does not leave the house with out her "face" on.

F- Favorite Perfume/Cologne: Anything by Oscar De La Renta and Ralph Lauren and Touch by Burberry.

G- Gold or Silver: Gold

H-Hometown: New York City

I-Insomnia: Sometimes.

J-Job title: Daycare Program Manager

K-Kids: Not yet pero hopefully in the future.

L-Living arrangements: Con mi mami and papi until i graduate for college.

M-Mom's Birthplace: Inoa, San Jose De Las Matas, Dominican Republic.

O-Overnight Hospital Stays: None.

P-Phobia: Spiders.

Q-Favorite Quote: " It is not the letting go that hurts it is the holding on"

R-Religious affiliation: Born Catholic pero i have not been to church in a minute so right now i am doing my own thing.

S-Siblings: Dos hermanas (Two sisters)

T-Two You are Tagging: Gloria and Elsie

U-Unnatural hair colours you've worn: Carmel, Red, and Blond highlights.

V-Vegetable you refuse to eat: Asparagus.

W-Worst Habit: Procrastinating.

X-X-rays you've had: My neck

Y-Yummy foods you make: Monfongo, Arroz Con Leche, Quipes, Cheesecake Squares.

Z-Zodiac Sign: Gemini

7 comments:

SoozieQ said...

what is monfongo and quipes? plees esplain...

Karla said...

Soozie: oks let me esplain to ju what monfongo and quipes are.

Monfongois fried platians smashed up and mixed with pork, shrimp or chicken and garlic. Sometimes it comes with a meat sause and sometimes it comes without.

Quipes is a wheat appetizers that we make in the Dominican Republic They are filled with ground beef and fried.

Joanne said...

LOVED LOVED LOVED Azucar Moreno!

Yummmmm, mofongo! Now I'm hungry girl!

Desiree said...

told ya that book was great! Duh, thats why I love Shelley!!! She's an awesome author :)

Karla said...

Desiree: Si, you did tell me.

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

Hey Karla! I just noticed that you tagged me, how sad, I'll need to fill that out!

Stacy-Deanne said...

I'm jealous. Shell's one of my writing buddies and I still haven't read the book yet. I promise to read it soon. Shell's the sh*t ain't she? Also, if you guys like books about music, check out MY blog and my book.