Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Bittersweet

This week has been Bittersweet. Bitter because my cousin Danny called to say his farewell's. He was deployed to Iraq last night. We talked for a while and even though he never said it i could hear the fear and sadness in his voice. He does not want to leave his little girl behind but he has no choice. Para mi primo Danny i just want to say "Tsamaya Sentle, Sala Sentle" which means "Go Well, Stay Well" in Tswana. Be careful out there and we will see you soon.

The sweet part is that my cousin Gabby will be coming back from Iraq next week! His tour will be over and he does not have to go back for a while since this was his second time out there. He called my grandmother at 3 a.m the other day with the good news.

Please keep our troops in your thoughts.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Your brave, courageous wonderful cousins are in my prayers. As are all the men and women (and their families) that we've sent over there for no good reason. I hope they come home soon!

Karla said...

Thank You Joanne!! I hope they come home soon as well. We should have never been there in the first place.

Karla said...

Irene your alive...it's so good to see you commenting. I totally agree with you and you are right my god be with them always.

SoozieQ said...

God bless our troops and ur cousins. they will definitely be in my prayers...

Karla said...

Thank You Soozie and Irene.

Karla said...

Gracias Daahsar.