Friday, August 05, 2005

Soozie's Update

Soozie, girl ask and you shall receive here is your update.

I am sorry that I was gone there for a while things have been crazy around here. Well I am back at work. It was actually nice to go back to work and see everyone again. To tell you the truth it has been bittersweet going back to work. A lot of my co-workers did not come back and well that sucks because I was expecting them to come back and for it to be the old gang again. The good news is that we have a few new teachers who are pretty cool so I guess in the end it all works out.

I am still wondering where the summer went. It was here and then it was gone. I know it is still officially summer but to me summer is over since I am now back at work.

This week is also my last week of summer school (yay) so I have been going crazy writing papers and study for finals (yuck). Actually last night was my last night for my Lit class. I am going to miss that class A LOT. The teacher was great she knew her shit and she made the class a lot of fun. Also the other students in there were mad cool and we all got along from the first night. If you were to walk by our classroom you would think there was a party going on in there instead of a class from all the laughing and joking around that was going on. I love classes like that, because even though we had a lot of fun we actually learned a lot. I think I learned more in that class then in any other class I have taken.

Other then that I guess nothing else is new. Oh wait...hold on we have breaking news...what is that?......oh yeah... I SUCK AS A PIMP. My poor primo...umm if you need someone to hook you up, make sure NOT to ask me. :)

I finally got that picture of Julio scanned and here he is:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I know it is kind of blurry that is just how it turn out once we scanned it, You can kind of tell that he is cute :)

I am refusing to acknowledge the fact that Caro is leaving soon. Yes I am in denial. I know so what.(fingers in ears saying "I can't hear you" with my eyes shut tight so I can't see what you are writing either.)

So it is that time of year again. Time for what Karla you might ask? Time for weight lost attempt #...er...uh hold on I have to look it up....oh ok got it weight lost attempt # 756. I will write more about this in another post.

So here is my rant for the day and no I did not make this up.

So this week at work we were doing registration for school. Most of the teacher's and teachers assistants were asked to help. So we are all there hanging out doing our thing when a Person At Work (P.A.W) hears me speaking in Spanish to a parent. When I am done speaking to said parent P.A.W. comes over

P.A.W: I did not know you were Mexican?
Karla: Excuse me?
P.A.W: I did not know you were Mexican?
Karla: Eh, that is because I am not Mexican.
P.A.W: Yes, you are I just heard you speak Mexican. (Yeah,P.A.W really did say that)

Right after that comment I was heated.

(What I wanted to say) "What the fuck is that suppose to mean?"
(What I did say)
Karla: And what exactly is speaking Mexican?
P.A.W: Oh you know, you speak Spanish.
Karla: Oh really well thanks for the clarification, and by the way I speak Spanish not Mexican. Oh just so you know there are a lot of countries in the Caribbean, South and Central America were Spanish is the main language not just Mexico.
P.A.W: So what part of Mexico is your family from?

In my mind I was thinking you have got to be kidding me�

Karla: Actually my family is not from Mexico, my family is from The Dominican Republic.
P.A.W: Oh really, how cool where in Mexico is that?

Right here I am thinking that P.A.W has got to be joking or is really, really stupid.

Karla: Ah The Dominican Republic is not in Mexico. It is a country in the Caribbean.
P.A.W: So is that like close to Cancun or the capital? I bet it is beautiful.

At this point I realize
that P.A.W actually thinks that D.R. is a part of Mexico. So I go into my whole speech about where The Dominican Republic is and P.A.W is still not getting it. At this point I am done. If you are going to be an ignorant ass and not listen to what I am telling you then I have the right to cuss you out. Just as I was about to the principle walks in and asks me to help her with something and let me tell you at that point I was more then happy to.

So for all the other ignorant stupid people out there let me just say this Peru, Chile, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Cuba, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Brazil, Bolivia, Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay ARE NOT A PART OF MEXICO, believe it or not they are INDEPENDENT COUNTRIES. For those of you who are visual learners I have included links to maps for the Caribbean, South America and Central America. Also if you would actually take or better yet go to a geography class you would already know this.

13 comments:

Caro said...

well, i never get mistaken for mexican, i'm just, amazingly, an indian [or middle eastern, or egyptian] person that speaks spanish. AMAZING, i know.....or, even better, i'm not even lucky enough to be assigned an ethnicity and am just an "exotic" person that speaks spanish.

but, no, never mexican. lol.

oh the joys.

hearts.

ps. pics from tonight are up!

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

DOn't get me started on those people.

My Grandfathers family came here DIRECTLY from Spain. So when people ask about my last name or ask what my ethnic background is and I say "Spanish" they say "But, you don't look Mexican.."

Have these people EVER looked at a friggin map?
SPAIN and MEXICO are NOT the same country!

Dumbass...

KARLA!!!

I TOTALLY spaced out that I was to meet you and Caro this Sunday.

Is it too late to hang out NEXT Sunday or sometime soon?

I suck. :(

Desiree said...

So wait. You're NOT Mexican? Oh dear. I don't know if I can hang with you guys.

;)

derek said...

ummm...I am going to Santo Domingo...what other things in Mexico should I go see?

Damn...PAW needs (1) listening skills...I think you said in 3 different ways that you were not Mexican and (2) geography lessons.

Jessica R. said...

WOW!!! I can't believe how stupid some people still are about this. Just shows how sheltered they are.

I once had a somewhat similar convo. back in High School that also got me real heated - and it was with a mexican guy. He kept telling me "it's all the same". Um noo - last time i checked El Salvador was not the same.

Reese The Law Girl said...

You know that's just sad. It reminds me of the time my friend was talking to one of her co-workers who had to pick up a Nigerian attorney and a Venezulean attorney from the airport as they were to give a speech to the firm that night. When she said she had to leave to pick them up, what she actually said was "I have to go and pick up the African and the Mexican now."

This is an attorney. With 7 years of higher eduction. And, she wasn't joking.

Idiots. All of them are idiots.

SoozieQ said...

yeah..i was wondering y no one commented on the REAL issue at hand....homeboy in the blurry pic esta pero bien papasote...go ahead girl get ur eagle on...LOL...ok i'll stop.

Desiree said...

you been tagged

Anonymous said...

Eco-Entrepeneurs Find New Approach to Building a Sustainable Economy...
Brooklyn, NY -Jennifer Boulden, president of the Anavo Group, and Heather Stephenson, president of Urban Sage, have joined together to create the Ideal Bite, Inc.
Wow! You have a nice blog here. I'm definitely gonna check back and tell my friends. Keep it up.

I have a entrepreneur site. It's all about entrepreneur and related things.

Check us out if you get time.

Karla said...

wow i can see that i hit the nail on the head. This post got everyone talking. Yeah P.A.W is an idiot. I want to thank everyone who shared their experience with me.

Soozie: I was also wondering when some one was going to comment on Julio. :)

J: You do not suck. I was wondering what happened. I can met up with you on sunday the question is can Caro?

Anonymous: Welcome to my blog.

Caro said...

dude, karla...why are you getting spammed on your blog? that's fucked up.

stop spamming my cousin with your comments, get a life.

karla, dont allow annonymous comments, stop the spamming, it's annoying and they cant use your blog as a source of advertising.

sunday is reeeeeeeaallly ify.

sooner would be better.

Minh Ngọc said...

Am thuc va phong tiec nha nhang Qua Ngon

Pingback: nha hang hai san
Pingback: meo vat nau an
Pingback: dat tiec sinh nhat
Pingback: dat tiec sinh nhat cho be
Pingback: cach lam doi heo
Pingback: muc sot chua cay
Pingback: nha hang qua ngon

Xem chi tiet tai nhahangquangon.com

Minh Ngọc said...

cong ty du hoc uy tin