Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Just because...

So for most of last week I was feeling kind of lonely. It was weird because even though I was feeling lonely I wasn’t alone. During that time there were people around me but yet i felt lonely. Yeah, like I said it was weird. Well usually when I get down like that I watch Sex and the City and that is what I did. I made myself a glass of rum and coke changed in to my p.j’s and sat down to watch the girls.

Jessica came in towards the end of season 2 and once it finished we started talking about everything before we know it it was 2 in the morning and Jessica had to go home.

On Saturday I picked Jessica up so that we could pick up some last minute things for X’s surprise birthday party. The party was a hit; we had a lot of fun. We drank too much, ate too much, dance and laughed a ton. Everyone had a good time.

On Sunday I went to Anabel’s first communion and then we went to Applebee’s afterwards. I wish you guys could see how cute baby Alex is. He has grown so much. After stuffing my face at Applebee’s I went home to watch my Sunday shows (Extreme Makeovers: Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy) towards the end of Grey’s Anatomy B calls me to tell me that his grandmother had just passed away.

We talked for a little while and then he told me that he would like for all of his friends to come over and visit him on Monday.

So yesterday I took the day off from work and went to hang out with my friend. Before I left I got a call from X saying that B’s wife’s grandfather had just passed away. Now that was weird. B’s grandmother dies on Sunday and then his wife’s grandfather passes on Monday. X, Jessica and I went over to B’s to spend sometime with them. When we got over there I was surprise to find that both B and his wife were in good spirits. So we hung out for a little bit and then B suggested that we all go out to dinner later on because they really needed to be with their friends right now.

So Adrian offered up his house and we all gathered there at 7. So we all get there, agree on getting Popeye’s for dinner and just hang out. The boys were just cracking jokes on each other and everyone was having a good time. In total we were about 15 people out of those 15 there were 6 girls. B’s wife, Adrian’s girlfriend, Brian’s fiancé and her cousin, B’s daughter and me.

All six of us ladies are sitting down in the dinning room eating our chicken and hanging out when one of the boy’s comes in and tries to steal our jalapenos. Since he was not listening to the other girls I had to tell him how it was. Well he putt’s the jalapenos back where he found them and says “ Sorry Kara” and walks off. The girls all look at me and then start throwing all these crazy question at me.

“ Why is it that he only listens to you?”

“ How come when you ask/tell him to do something he does it but when I ask him I have to bitch at him forever just to get him to do it?”

“ He does not do that for me but he will do it for you?”

“Why is it that when something happens he calls you or tells you about it before he tells me? “



At first it was all in fun and joking with them I would say “ I just got it like that” but soon I could tell that it was really bothering these girls that I had so much “ control” over their men and they didn’t.

They just kept asking me questions and to tell you the truth I did not have an answer for them. I told them that most of that stuff was not true that the boys don’t always listen to me and they don’t always do what I tell them to do. They looked at me like I was crazy. “ Oh yes they do.” Was the response I got and then “ it’s all about Karla, Karla, Karla” I had to laugh at that one. I told the girls “ Ha no it’s not trust me.” B’s wife told me “ umm yeah it is.”

Now they wanted me to give them an answer but I did not have one for them. So I gave them the best response I could think of “ I really don’t know why they listen to me and all that other stuff. It could just be because I know them for a longer period of time. Remember I know a lot of these boys since middle school.” Well that was not a good enough of an answer so they ask B and Anthony and of course they gave the best answer of “ I don’t know” and “ It’s just cause she is Karla I can’t explain it.” “ Yeah it’s just because she is Karla” Jeez thanks guys. That was a lot of help. The girls asked, “ what is that suppose to mean” I was wondering the same thing.

Somehow we were able to change the subject and move away from that topic. Even though we changed the subject that was still on my mind. Mostly because it’s not true or at least I don’t see it that way. I really don’t have any kind of control over anyone and what does “it’s just because she is Karla” suppose to mean?
Oh Miami guy is no longer coming to Denver. His sister is getting married in D.R. and he is going to the wedding. So it looks like Don Omar has me all to himself.

4 comments:

Caro said...

hehe, we'll have to arrange the Don Omart hing..now worries.

and i dont know, you are are karla and you are amazing and i heart you and if i were the guys and had known you since high school, i would do whatever you said.

but i've known you for 18 years and we have the same blood....so we are of a different friendship. =)

dude, but that situation with the ladies is so awkward! i wouldnt know what to say, i think you had the right approach, but they're still going o have that lingering "what is karla doing" attitude, which is annoying, especially because they just actually voiced it, which is even worse.

but you're awesome, so it'll be fine.

where does jessica live? and you're not coming to my graduations, right?

Karla said...

I heart caro! I love that you always help me see everything in a new light and always make me feel like i am not going crazy.

He he that is what i was telling the girls that they just do what i say because they know me for so long.

It was soo weird sitting in that room with those ladies i felt like i was on trial. They do have that lingering "what is karla doing" attitude and the thing is that Karla is not doing anything. :) and i know you already know that.

Jessica lives at Xaviers house. I still don't know if i will be able to make it to your graduation. I want to go soooo bad but right now finacally it is not looking good.

Hey do you think i will be able to fit in one of your mom's suitecase's?

I think that might be one of the ways i will be able to go. Unless someone want to pay for my flight? Hmm i think i am going to have to talk to Maga about that, but even if i am unable to make it know that i will be there in spirit and i will cry all day because mi primita who i adore graduated from high school and i missed it.

Oh Caro, I am going to give you a call later i have a story idea for you.

Desiree said...

That sucks that you felt all on the spot karla. Girls are so insecure. Hehehe, I should know.

Daddy Yankee was on KLOVE this morning. I thought of you. He is so sexy. I love his accent....awww...just like I loved my latin boys accent....: (
K, I'll get over it. Sorry.

Caro said...

yay for calling me and story ideas! lol

when did jessica in with x?

i really hope that by some grace of god you could come to graduation, i have an invitation waiting for you at my house!

sorry, i'm only letting my parents bring one maleta for the two of them, because i need to send stuff home with them, lol....so looks like maga is the only way, lol.