Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Dominican Bacholrette: The graduation

The graduation went well. It was such an emotional day for my sister because now her baby boy is a man. It was bittersweet, we are all proud of Gabe for his accomplishment but at the same time it was a quick reminder that he is no longer a little boy.

While we were at the graduation I look over and guess who is there? Yup Adrian and B. I know that B was going to be there because his brother was also graduating but I was not expecting Adrian to be there. After the graduation we all went over to my house for the graduation party. Adrian stayed there the WHOLE time just hanging out with my family. He even played dominoes with my uncles. After the party was over we went to Adrian's house to watch the Chappelle Show. I love that show.

On Saturday we just hung out. We did not go to the Don Omar concert because it was postponed until farther notice. So we went to see The Longest Yard. That movie is too much. I laughed the whole time.

On Sunday I spent the day with the Family. I call Caro to congratulate her on her graduation and it was sooo good to talk to her. I miss Caro A LOT and it saddens me that I miss her graduation my brother-in-law surprised us all by showing up out of now where. We went to my cousins Angelica’s graduation party and then everyone came over to my house to discuss my grandmother’s health. It was a really emotional time for the family seeing as my grandmother is not doing well. Adrian came over to meet my brother-in-law.


My brother-in-law kept joking with him by saying “ I married the wrong sister, every time I see Karla she just get’s prettier and prettier.” He always says that by now I know he is joking but Adrian didn’t it was funny to see his reaction. My sister, brother-in-law and nieces all “approve” of Adrian…. lol…After hanging out with the familia I went to Adrian’s house and we watched Shark Tale or should I say I watched Shark Tale because he fell asleep.

Yesterday I went to meet one of his ex-teachers Ms. Jay she is like his mom. Actually she is his mom after his mother passed away she and his grandmother have been the only female figures in his life. So to meet her meant a lot to me because I know how important she is to him. After that I went home and he went to run some errands. Somewhere during that time he talked to X and let him know what was going on. My wonderful cousin means well but he has a stupid rule about how his friends can’t date his cousins and so that is why Adrian had a talk with him. According to Adrian, X took it well. Later on that night X and Jessica went with Adrian and I to the movies. We took my nieces and nephews to see Madagascar. That was an all right movie.

Jessica then made this statement as we were walking to the car. “ If you had any doubt that he likes you I hope you let them go. Look at all he has done for you. He has come to see you everyday this week, calls you all the time, spends time with you family and even introduced you to his teacher. He even was man enough to talk to your cousin. If that does not mean that he likes you then I don’t know what does.”

Yes Karla does have her doubts about Adrian. That is why Jessica said that to me. I know he has changed and that I should not hold his past against him because I told him that was not going to do that but I don’t know. Sometimes that little voice inside my head screams “Karla be careful remember who you are dealing with here.” Yes I know that I should take his actions into consideration but when you know that the dude you are dealing with is a certified playa you make sure to take extra careful. I guess I am just not sure that he is serious about all this.

He still has not kissed me and I know why.

Nataly: “ Yo, Adrian why have you not made a move on Karla.”
Adrian: “ What?”
Nataly: “ Come Adrian I know you, I know you have moves make one damn it.”
Adrian: “ Nah it’s not like that.”
Nataly: “ Then what is it like.”
Adrian: “ Yeah I got moves but it’s not like that. Yeah I use them on sluts and one nights stand but it’s not like with Karla. I respect her to much to do that to her.”
Nataly: “ umm yeah whatever just kiss the girl already.”
Adrian: (laughing) “ In due time, it will happen in due time.”

Aww que lindo he respects me. I don’t have a problem with it but everyone else does.

Nataly: “ So did he kiss you yet?”
Karla: “ Ah no.”
Nataly: “ What? Not even after I talked to him.”
Karla: “ Eh no by the way what did you say to him.”

(See above conversation for that info.)

Nataly: “ Jessica can you believe he has not even tried to kiss her yet?”
Jessica: “ What?”
Nataly: “ Yeah he respects her to much.”
Jessica: “ Aww how cute but damn I think we have had enough of the respect thing.”
Karla: “ Ay leave him alone it will happen when it happens.”
Jessica: “ Ah, yeah or maybe he is afraid of what B would do to him.”
Nataly: “ Yeah he knows B would kill him if he did you wrong.”
Karla: “ No, I talked to B we had “the talk” he is cool with it.”
Nataly and Jessica: “ So then he (Adrian) should have kissed you already.”
Karla: “ Just relax yo, it will happen when it happens.”


Stay tune for our next installment of the Dominican Bacholrette.

6 comments:

Desiree said...

BOOOOOOOOOO! I want some juicy kissin' stories!

Que cochina!

Desiree said...

Hey, did you see the Miss Universe pageant last night? Dominican Republic was in the top 5! I thought of my primas :)

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

MADRE DIOS!!
JUST KISS HER ALREADY!!
KISS HER DAMNIT!!!
YOU CAN RESPECT A WOMAN AND STILL PLANT ONE ON HER!!

MAN UP AND KISS HER!!

If you could get that message to him for me that would be cool. Thanks.

Desiree said...

J,
Thats what I'M talking about!!!

Joanne said...

Very nice, being respected and all, but where's the kissing and groping... c'mon Adrian, get with it, the line is growing for Karla's affection, move it or lose it! LMAO!

The Grouchy One said...

Karla,
Sounds like Adrian is working sooo hard to make sure that you think he is respectful; he is forgetting that what makes it exciting is a little playing too. ;-) Heehee, I'm telling on myself **blush*. He might have to learn to balance the two! I'm with Joanne & the "MOVE IT OR LOSE IT" theory. LOL

-Marissa

PS, just so you know... us Sucias were talking about blogging at the retreat. I asked if anyone knew if there had been a new episode of the Dominican Bachelorette novela posted! LOL. Hugs to you chica; I am hoping that things go well. Keep us posted!!!