Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Ahh Spring

Nothing says spring like a big snow storm .....

So on Friday when I got home from work I sat down to read my new book Muddy Cup and I fell asleep. When I woke up it was noon on Saturday. Wow I did not know that I was that tired. So since I woke up late on Saturday I missed my WW meeting. I went to the movies with Jessica, Nataly and Denise we went to see Fever Pitch and even though it was a movie that involved the Boston Red Socks “ cough Yankee fan cough” it was actually pretty good. I saw the preview to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants it looked really good and I can’t wait till it comes out so that I can go see it.

So Saturday everyone in Denver kept talking about some blizzard that we were suppose to be getting. I took one look around at the clear blue sky and said “ where ?” Well when I woke up on Sunday I notice that it was bright outside and I thought “ you see no blizzard” that was until I open my blinds to see nothing but snow. My first reaction what “ Where the hell did all this snow come from?”
We were snowed in all day Sunday so we just hung out at my house watching t.v. and eating that was about it. Some areas received more snow then other. Last time we checked we had about 18’ in our backyard. Monday was a Snow Day so I did not have to go to work. The funny thing about that is that the sun came out and by noon most of the snow had melted and the roads were clear. I spent most of the morning Monday shoveling snow and then I made a snowman in my back yard. Now it is Tuesday and I am back at work.

6 comments:

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Is it me, or do we get more snow in the spring now than the winter? We get a snow storm on Halloween every year and then nothing til spring. What's with our weather?

Anonymous said...

Yeah go Yakees!

Girl my sister loves the books sisterhood of traveling pants and she's dying for the movie to come out, so I'll probably take her to see it.

I know the weather is shitty. It's been sunny here in NY, on Sunday it was like 70 degrees, but now it got chillier, but still sunny and I hope it stays like that.

Karla said...

J: you are right about that. I have no idea what is up with our weather.

Jules: Yay! Go Yankees!

Hehe i still have to read the books i heard that they were good. I heard about the weather in NY i guess the same thing that is going on here is going on over there.

Desiree said...

Ya GO YANKEES!!!

So what if i'm a Cali girl, I got nothing but Yankee love...
I watched the movie too, I wanted to cry all over again at the end...Stupid Red Sux

Karla said...

Desiree:

I know that is how i felt.

Caro said...

wo yankee love!