Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Say What?

I might be the only person who had not hear about this till now...

Healthier Cookie Monster Eating Fewer Cookies

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

NEW YORK -- The Cookie Monster is straightening up his act and taking control over his cookie obsession. "Sesame Street's" beloved blue, furry monster is going to learn some lessons about moderation as the children's show kicks off its 36th season on PBS. Cookie Monster will now advocate eating healthy. His "C is for cookie" song has been replaced with a new song -- "A Cookie Is a Sometimes Food."

It's part of the show's Healthy Habits For Life initiative, and other characters are taking part, too. "Elmo loves exercise," says Elmo. "Count your fruits and vegetables," says the Count. And "Hand-washing is fun!" says Big Bird.

The show's vice president of research and education said each episode will open with a "health tip," and there will be new characters, such as talking eggplants and carrots.

Show producers said with the rise in childhood obesity, "Sesame Street" is focusing on teaching children about healthy foods and physical activity.

I got that article from http://www.wftv.com/health/4359482/detail.html

I was so upset when i read that. Yes, Ok we want our kids to eat healthy but messing with a television icon is not the answer...LEAVE COOKIE MONSTER ALONE!

Oh i am so heart broken...what has happen to the good old days....ok all i can say is "c is for cookie thats good enough for me! oh cookie cookie cookie starts with c"




12 comments:

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I heard, and I was OUTRAGED!!!!!
Cookie monster is a MONSTER!! He can eat all the cookies he wants and not gain weight. Cookie was one of my favorites, I even had a "Got Cookie?" shirt til an Ex-girlfriend stole it from me!

If Snuffellufigus didn't get me hooked on Qualudes, then Cookie monster can't be blamed for weight gain. I don't think they should mess with a ICON either!

Karla said...

J and Janette: Thank you finally people who understand me.

J: You had a "Got Cookie?" shirt? Now that is cool. I agree with you that we can't blame cookie for weight gain.

Janette: I know why can't they just leave him alone.

Desiree said...

Karla,
I still am all for promoting eating a few fruits along with the cookies, but its OK, cookie monster is still gonna eat cookies ok? Everythings still under control down on Sesame Street.

Desiree said...

Hey Karla,
I heard Oscar the grouch is going to Anger Management Classes.

:)

Karla said...

Desiree: I am not against promoting healthy eating at all but i think that they could have gone about this differently.

Why don't they just make a new character who eats healthy and leave cookie alone?

Umm they better leave Oscar alone as well or else we are going to have problems. :)

Desiree said...

I know I know...I am just teasing you cause I seen how worked up you got on the sucia board. And Karla NEVER gets worked up...

Oscar is definately in Anger Management, I'm in his class!

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

The Count is taking medication for his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder too!
"One Tablet, Two times a day! Ah ah ah One! Two! Ahahah!!"

Desiree said...

LOL - good one J, I forgot about him. He's in the class with my dog Max. Max has the same disorder, but its licking excessively. Yeck.

Karla said...

Desiree: Yeah i know that you were just joking.

Ha ha you noticed that i got worked up. I know it is hard for me to get worked up like that but i am so tired of everyone placing blame on everyone else but themself. Do you think that the sucias noticed?because no one responed to my post.

I think i need to join Oscar in Anger Management class.

J: HA HA that was a good one. Even i laughed at it!

Desiree said...

I think Tannia kept responding, but you seemed to keep getting more and more argumentative, so people gave up, hehehe...Go Karla! You stand up for what you believe in, thats good, ALTHOUGH -I still stand by my statement of promoting fruits and healthy foods along w/ the cookies ; )

Karlas the coolest!!!

Caro said...

ileana: "c" isnt for "Calorie" it's for "cookie"!

why god why!!

Karla said...

Desiree: Ah i know what you are trying to do you are trying to get me worked up again, but ha this time i am on to you and i will not fall for it :)

Caro: I knew i liked ileana for a reason. :)