Monday, April 18, 2005

Walking With Butterflies

Ok so last week besides getting all worked up about the whole Cookie Monster thing, I started to work out again. Since Wednesday I have been walking with my mom and Jessica. Then when we get home Jessica and I do some Pilates. Also I have been eating "clean" as my friend calls it. I guess it most be working because about four people now have come up to and told me I have lost weight. :) I know, I know you don't lose weight over night but I guess I must be doing something right. I don't know where this new motivation is coming from but I hope it sticks around for a little while longer. I did not go to WW this week either, instead I went to the 9news health fair with my mom and aunts. I go with them ever year.



So yesterday I woke up early and decide to go for a walk. As I was getting ready to go Jessica woke up and asked me to wait for her so that we can go walking together. So I waited for her. We walked around the neighborhood once and then Jessica was tired so she went home and I kept walking. As I was walking all of these Monarch Butterflies started to fly around. It looked like they were walking with me. It was a really peaceful and quite way to start the morning. Here is a pic of one of the butterflies.




Image hosted by Photobucket.com



So my second time around the neighborhood I would alternate in between walking and running. When I got home I drank a big glass of water and then went to do some Pilates.


After that I showered and ate breakfast. I went with my mom and Jessica to help Raquel (mi prima) move in to her new apartment. Then we went to the guys softball game (they won 7-4) and then to my sister's house for our "cousin's meeting". Our "cousin's meeting" was about some stuff that is going on in our family. We all got together and we called Caro. So we talked, yelled, cried, almost killed each other, etc but in the end I think we all got everything that we wanted to say out. We lost Caro somewhere during the conversation because the cell phone we were using died. We tried to call Caro back but umm she would not pick up. So we ended the meeting and then I went home to watch Grey Anatomy.




4 comments:

Caro said...

mmmm, walking with butterflies, i'm jealous.

great job with the walking! i'm glad you're motivated!!!

yeah, i lost you and then we ha d ahouse meeting and i had to start prefect interviews for the new prefects for next year.....*sniffle* time for me to step down!

be well.

KOM said...

I grew up on the aptly named street 'Monarch Drive'. I remember being very little and sitting in the sun, so hot you could barely move, half buried in the unmown lawn, watching the bright orange and black butterflies all over our yard.

Generally I don't like insects. Except spiders (though I guess they don't technically count), because they eat the bugs I don't like.

But I fondly remember the Monarch butterflies. Thanks for the picture.

Karla said...

Caro: Hehe it's the same route that we use to take during the summer. I know, i know it's hard to step down but i know that you will find a great replacement.

Kom: Thanks for sharing such a lovely memory.

Monica: Thank You, I will try.

Mari said...

It was really me and my family.

We transform like that. ;)