Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Recap

Now let me explain Sunday’s post. I don’t normally drink to the point that I get wasted. So you know that something is up when I do. So let me recap this week so that you guys can understand why this girl had to have a few drinks that night.

Well my week off was great in fact I wish it were longer. It has been a long time since I was able to actually take a break. I had absolutely nothing to do and for the first few days I was lost. I had no idea what to do. I am so use to always being in action doing something, going somewhere, calling someone. So it was very hard for me to just relax. By the third day of my break I was over my need to do something and I was finally able to relax.

On Wednesday my cousin Ray came to visit from NY he brought with him my grandmother as a surprise. You can imagine the looks on our faces when she walked in. I think my dad almost died. He was so happy to see his mami. So I spent the next couple of days just hanging out with my grandmother and cousin. My abuela spoiled me rotten while she was here. She made all of my favorite food. It was so nice to be able to sit down and talk to her and hug her and just having her in the same room.

We spent the whole morning Friday shopping. Yay for shopping we went to the outlets and to the Cherry Creek Mall. I bought baby Alex some clothes at the Gap and an iPod for myself at the Apple store. I LOVE my iPod! I think they should hand those out to everyone. We went out on Friday night to the Purple Martini and Blue Ice to celebrate my cousin’s Angelica’s birthday. More on that later…. I am going to write a separate entry about that because eh I have a question to ask.

On Saturday after only getting four hours of sleep I dragged myself to WW to find out that I lost 4 lbs! How I did that I have no idea. After going to WW I went to visit baby Alex and then to the supermarket.

While at the supermarket this really cute guy comes up and asks me a question in Spanish. I had to do a double take because the dude looked like Miami guy but younger.
So I gave him the information that he was looking for and then kept on shopping have way down the Diary aisle I said “Duh Karla that guys was really cute what the hell are you doing “ So I went back to see if I could find him. No luck the dude disappeared. Yes I am still kicking myself for that one. I blame my slow reaction time to lack of sleep.

Here we are it is now Tuesday my first day back at work. I am glad to be back at work, but only because that means that I can escape the evil house phone that keeps ring with bad news.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Hola Prima,
Ok, so you had a good time off, but you didnt actually say what led you to drinking? I gotta know what caused you to booze it up...

See ya

Reese The Law Girl said...

Hey, Desiree is right. Stop teasing. ;)

BTW, I'm working on your question that you e-mailed to me. I'll send a response soon. :)

Karla said...

Oh you ladies are right i did not mention that sorry.

Reese knows about this already because i wrote "Ask Reese" for some advise but Miami guy is what caused me to drink. That and some family issues.