Tuesday, April 05, 2005

So what is wrong with the guys from Denver?

Like I said in the entry below I went out on Friday night with my cousin’s and some friends to the Purple Martini and Blue Ice.

The Purple Martini is an upscale lounge/bar. There are two locations one is downtown and the other is located in the Denver Tech Center (DTC) we went to the one in DTC. Usually when we go to the Purple Martini we have a good time. Well that was not going to happen. When we got there, there was a very long line of people waiting to get in. We were able to cut the line because we already had people inside waiting for us. Once we got in the place was crowded. Here we were in this “hotspot” and there were no cute guys around. I mean not even one. The music that night was wack and there were just way to many people in there it was extremely hot in there, but we were going to meet up with some people there so we hung out there for a few hours had some drink, dance, etc and then we decide to go to Blue Ice.

Before we left for Blue Ice, Ray looks around and says “I thought I landed in Denver not Silicone Valley” To which I responded with a “ What?” He says “ Look around just about all the women in here have fake boobs”. So I start to look around and guess what he was right just about every other women in there had fake boobs.

Well we get to Blue Ice and it is also crowded but not as crowded as Purple Martini they are playing better music also. Well about an hour after arriving at Blue Ice, Ray asks me “ So cuz what is wrong with the men from Denver?” I look at him and say, “ What do you mean?” He says, “ Are they all gay or something?” I say (laughing) “ What no why?” He says “ Yo we have been here for over and hour and not one guy has come up to you ladies and asked you to dance or bought you a drink or even try to spit some game.”

When I did not respond because eh he was right he added, “ If you were in New York by now you would be fighting to keep the guys off you.” Again he is right. So when I did not respond again he says “Karla are you listening to me?” To which I say “ eh yeah I was just making a mental note to self to go visit New York more often.”

He laughs and then he gets his boy Lenny (who is also from New York and his sister’s boyfriend) and asks him the same question to which Lenny responds with a “ Yo he is right, if ya were in New York and guys notice that there were five sexy Latina girls all alone the would have been all over ya” All this talk got me think and damn Ray was right there is something wrong with the guys in Denver.

The last couple of times that us girls went out we came back home empty handed. We were never invited to go dance, no one bought us a drink, and we did not even get a single gross look for the sketchy guy at the bar. Nothing it’s like all the cute guys in Denver were shipped out to another state.

So I decided to ask my guy friends what was up. The first one I asked was my best guy friend B.

Me;” Hey B, I have a question to ask you.”
B: (Trying to be Dominican) “Dimelo Mami “
Me: “ What is wrong with the guys from Denver?”
B: “ What do you mean?”
Me: “ Well, how is it that five hot, sexy, young Latina’s can go out for a night on the town and come home empty handed?”
B: “ Say what?”
Me “ Yeah, that is what I said?”
B: “ You mean to tell me you mami’s went out and not a single guy asked you to dance, bought you a drink, spit some game, or even asked for your number?”
Me: “Yup, that is what I am telling you”
B: “ Damn yo!”
B: “ I don’t know what is wrong with them.”
B: “ First of all I am not from Denver.”
Me: “ Yeah I know you are from Chicago, but you are a guy and you do live in Denver."
B: “ Damn if ya were in Chicago you would not have even made it in to the club, by the time you ladies made it in to the club you would have about 15 phone numbers”
Silence
B: “ Karla are you there?”
Me: “ Yeah, sorry about that I was on Orbitz checking to see how much a flight to Chicago cost.”
B: (laughing) “ Damn what is wrong with the guys from Denver?”
Me: “ That is my question?”


Well since B did not answer my question I kept asking. After the normal “ Yo, I am not from Denver, I am from L.A./ New York/ Dallas/ Chicago/ Miami” response most of the guys had no idea either. The best answer I got was “ Yo, the dudes here in Denver are attracted to things that flash, you know what I mean ma fake things. They don’t know a good women when they see one.”

That is a good answer but still not good enough so could someone please answer my question what is wrong with the guys from Denver?

9 comments:

Caro said...

i know all this so i have no real need to post...i need to update mine now that my fever is gone.

i'll try and do so tonight.

loves ya

Desiree said...

Karla,
This is what I have come up with.

I WILL NEVER EVER EVER move to Denver. Even if it is free.
Thank you.


Caro:
Were you sick prima???

Reese The Law Girl said...

Dang! I'm not going to Denver either. You know, maybe Denver guys are more attracted to women of a more European persuasion (I'm trying to say that nice). Whenever I think of Denver, I think of 100 of one people and 3 of the other, if you get my drift?

Ironically, I thought this would be the case when I went to visit Vegas. But, dang if I couldn't get the guys to stop following me. I've never received that much attention before. It was really weird. None of my friends are the typical Vegas girls in the club- svelte, blonde, and fake boobs. But, we sure did have a lot of commotion around us. I think it was because we were just different or something.

Anyways, I don't know what's wrong with Denver guys. Looks like you need to move chica. ;)

BTW, I thought this post was really funny! :)

Karla said...

Caro: Yay! I am glad that your fever is gone. I can't wait for you to update.

Desiree and Reese: Denver is actually a really nice place to visit just bring your own guy cause eh there are none here.

Reese: How did you know that all the women who were getting the guys where plastic...eh i mean of a certain kind?

Hehe i told Caro the same thing that we need to move.

Oh and Thank you i guess funny most have come to visit me this week. Oh and i was going to write a post about that email i sent you put i am going to wait until i read your email.

Reese The Law Girl said...

Karla: Just a hunch, I guess. BTW, if you see the funny tell him that I need him back on my blog. I tried to live without him, but I can't. ;)

PS: I just sent you an e-mail.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I can't beleive that. I'd a hit on you ladies.......BUT, then again I'm from Cali.

Going by the fellas I know, they was probably to chicken to hit on you. I know a LOT of guys that have NO GAME!!

Karla said...

Janette: Chica we are going to have to get together one night and go out looking for men, but not in Denver or Minnesota or Cali.

J: Hey your alive! I was worried about you so it is good to hear from you. Yeah i figured that something like that must have happened.

Anonymous said...

Karla I am still trying to figure out what's wrong with Cali men. Maybe the question should be "what's wrong with the guys from the U.S?"

tannia

Karla said...

Tannia: You are right i am going to have to write an other post asking that.Maybe that way someone would be able to answer our question. Thanks for the idea.